Archive for September, 2011
OurWebsite Design Inc is happy to announce the launch of Tavs Services Ltd new website http://www.tavsservices.com.
Tavs Services Ltd offers a wide range of services including conventional excavating or slope excavation with a Spyder Excavator. Current landscaping or new projects can be complimented with our rock walls or water features. Tavs Services Ltd owns their own tandem dump truck and trailer for easy delivery of goods to any project. Tavs Services Ltd. is located in Kelowna, BC and we travel and complete projects throughout the Okanagan Valley including Vernon, Kelowna, and Penticton.
A QR code (abbreviation for Quick Response code) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code) that is readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera telephones. (www.wikipedia.org). Basically, QR Codes provide an quick and easy shortcut from the offline to the online world. Just imagine you are walking down the street and see an ad for an new movie that is playing in theatres. You want to make sure you get tickets for opening night. On the ad you see a QR Code and scan it with your iPhone. The browser on your phone opens immediately and takes you to the theatre website where you can purchase your tickets, no long lineups and you are sure to be one of the first to see the latest blockbuster.
How can you use QR codes to promote your business?
- On your business cards
- On brochures & other marketing materials
- In traditional media (e.g. Newspaper ads)
- On storefront windows
- The side of company vehicle
- On your website
- Point-of-sale receipts
- Product packaging
What can they link to?
- Specific product information on your website
- Specific pages on your website
- Directions to your store
- Product manuals online & other product information
- Valuable coupons and special offers
- Customer feedback forms
- VCard files and contact information for sales people
- Facebook/Twitter pages
How popular are they? (according to JumpScan.com)
- 52% of people have heard of or seen a QR code
- 28% of people say they have scanned one
- 57% of Facebook users have scanned at least one in the past year
- 40% of Facebook users said they have scanned 5 or more in the past year
- There has been a 1,200% increase in QR code scanning from July – December 2010
Short list of companies already using QR codes in their advertising:
- Ralph Lauren
- Best Buy