Archive for June, 2011
OurWebsite Design Inc is happy to announce the launch of the new and improved Kelowna Community Food Bank Website at http://www.kelownafoodbank.com.
In 1983, the Kelowna Community Food Bank Society set up operation in a church basement to meet the emergency food needs of our community in the throws of a difficult economic recession.
Like many Food Banks across Canada, temporary help became a permanent community service.
In the ensuing decades, the Kelowna Food Bank has grown from serving 600 people per year to nearly 40,000, with nearly 40 % of them children under age 16.
Over the years we have seen much change and have met many challenges, we’ve come a long way in understanding nutrition, our community and raising awareness about the affects of poverty and hunger in it. In 2004 we moved to our current 10,000 sq.ft Ellis St. warehouse from our Lawson Avenue location.
In April 2004 we launched our Nutrition Improvement programming (NIP) following extensive consultation, advocacy, and receipt of federal funding under the National Homelessness Initiative. At that time, three distinct groups were identified as nutritionally at-risk: seniors age 55+ and youth 15 years and younger (Vitality Program); those with medical conditions (Special Needs Program); and pregnant mothers and families with children under the age of one (Tiny Bundles weekly). Today, more than half of our recipients qualify for one of these programs.
The Kelowna Food Bank is established under the Society Act with 9 Directors and 21 voting members, all volunteering or elected from our community.
Writing keyword rich content that is also interesting for your website visitors can be a challenge. Following are a 5 simple steps to get you started:
- Choose 1 to 3 keywords as a theme for your page. The more keywords you try to incorporate into one page the less weight and impact each keyword has. 3 keywords per page is good, 2 keywords per page is better, and 1 keyword is best.
- Scatter each keyword throughout the text and use each keyword a minimum of 3-5 times. This must be done in such a way that it flows well with the rest of the content because you want to ensure that visitors to your site get the information they need and that search engines register the page as containing quality content.
- The first word on the page should be your most important keyword of your focused theme. For example the title of your page should start with your keyword.
- At least one occurrence of each keyword should appear as close to the beginning of the text as possible and then again in the final paragraph.
- Try to write your content without your keywords as the most important inspiration. Remember that your website visitors will be reading your content and can vote/share/comment on it.